Distribution Access is a division of Learning and Skills Television of Alberta Limited (LTA). LTA is committed to upholding fundamental principles of honesty and integrity in our relationship with visitors to our web site. Our objective is to build an enduring relationship between LTA and our users based on a foundation of integrity and trust. To that end, LTA has adopted rigorous standards of privacy.
LTA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with LTA under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help LTA in fulfilling your order. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Editing and Deleting Your Account Information
Should you choose to utilize the address book function available to members, you can edit your "Account Information" including your marketing privileges at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to LTA's service, such as service announcements and product updates that are considered part of your LTA account. New categories of marketing communications may be added from time to time.
Users who login and visit the My Account page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive. Uncheck the "I would like to receive updates from Distribution Access regarding new products" option in the personal information section of the My Account page . You may also choose to be removed from such lists by not checking the same option upon checking out.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- LTA uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. An encrypted SSL connection requires that all information be encrypted by the sender and decrypted by the receiver, protecting private information from being intercepted over the Internet. In providing your credit card information, 128-bit encryption scrambles all information between your personal computer and the secured areas of the Web site and guarantees one of the highest levels of security, privacy and confidentiality. All data sent over an encrypted SSL connection is protected with a mechanism for detecting tampering - that is, for automatically determining whether the data has been altered in transit.
Copyright© 2006 Learning and Skills Television of Alberta Limited. All rights reserved.